Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about this year and reflecting on the years that have passed. I’ve mostly been thinking about the year itself and the things I want to accomplish, as well as the things in motion that will set the stage for the years to come.
When looking back, I realized that in the past years I’ve pretty much been all talk and very little action. Yes, many of the things that I have done have shaped me to be and think the way I do today, but I’ve mostly been comfortable with the way things were going.
There was nothing wrong with being comfortable with the way life was going, but there was a moment when something in me just lit and I decided I was ready to be more. I am scared each and every day of the unknown, but change is what keeps me motivated.
I’m not sure if it was my subconscious telling me – “girl, you are turning 30 soon, don’t just sit there”
OR if it was the Leo in me, but it got me going ⏩⏩⏩
I may not be where I want to be when I turn 30 this year, but I’m on my way.
The lessons I’ve learned in my twenties will help me get where I need to be.
⭐⭐⭐Important Lessons Learned ⭐⭐⭐
- Strive to be a better version of yourself
- Look in the mirror – that’s your competition
- Life is not a spectator sport. As Meredith Grey says; “win, lose or draw, the game is in progress”. Never stop playing.
- Understand your definition of success. Understand what you want to achieve and why.
- Build resilience
- The road less traveled is a lonely one
- Not everyone is going to understand you
- Family is everything
- Patience is a virtue that I have yet to accomplish 🙊
- Sometimes all you need is a glass of wine
- Money can buy you a lot of things but it can’t buy you class
- Don’t let other dictate your life
Thank you twenties for preparing me for what is yet to come. And thank you life for giving me all those lemons so I can buy tequila 😅
…one of those things that everyone has an opinion about…
Some hate it and see it as the end of the world; others love it and look forward to it.
I hate it for all obvious reasons like white hairs and wrinkles, but I no longer think turning 30 would be like having one foot in the grave 😇
I see my 30s as a time where I build more meaningful connections and don’t put up with people’s crap, or invest time in people that are disrespectful. I look forward to all changes that are to come, and aligning myself with others who are working on becoming the best versions of themselves.
Call me crazy, but I have never felt this excited and ready.
I know what I want and I’m going to get it!